My academic environment since elementary school has shaped a mind set for assignment marks acceptance:
- 90-100: Great! You deserve that score after those sleepless hours!
- 80-90: Good! You can do a bit better next time!
- 70-80: It’s okay, Cahya! Promise me you’ll prepare more for next assignments!
- 60-70: Not good. You might have just realised that this module isn’t for you. You better watch out.
- <60: What do you think you’re doing?????? Ditch those Running Man episodes. Stop watching FOX and NatGeo. Stop buying DVDs. Use StayFocusd and block Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, Kshownow. *cries under the shower*
Pretty much so. Having a different scale here in the UK, I have to adapt this mind set. I learned that:
- <45: You’ve come a long way to be in this state, Cahya. Are you seriously going to throw this golden opportunity just like this? Come on, cheer up! Let’s go to the library.
- 45-55: It’s okay, you can do much better later on. Promise me to at least achieve 60 next time.
- 56-72: Not bad! Just a little more effort, you’re almost there!
- 72-80: Good job! See, through all those insecurity and sleepless nights, you can nail this assignment!
- 81-90: OMG Cahya I’m so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- >90: IS THIS APRIL FOOL’S DAY OR SOMETHING? IS THIS A HIDDEN CAMERA? IS THIS A PRANK? OMG let’s party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(In case you’re wondering, yes this is partially sarcasm, partially a joke, partially reality)